On the day of the test you are required to present an original photo-bearing identification document (in which the photograph is recognisable as a likeness of you as you are on the day).
IMPORTANT: Garda ID and Student cards are not accepted as identification.
Photocopies of identity documents and expired documents are not acceptable.
The only acceptable identification documents are:
A valid passport, or
A current EU/EEA National Identity Card, or
A current photo-bearing driver licence (learner’s permit, probationary or full licence), or
A Public Services Card, or
A certified letter of identification. (see sample ID letter)
• This letter must be on official institution letterhead (eg school, employer, doctor, Garda, etc.)
• It should contain your full name, date of birth and a passport-sized photo of you glued to the letter
• The institution's stamp must overlap the photo
• The official verifying the identification must include their signature and title
• A witness to the official's signature is required
• Your signature is required
If you intend to present a certified letter of identification please organise it well well before the test date.
Note: If your certified letter of identification does not conform to the criteria described above, you may be turned away from the test centre.
If you do not present one of the above approved identification documents, in addition to your Admission Ticket, you will not be able to sit MSAP Ireland and may be turned away from the test centre.